3.23.2006

Tower Experience

Well, on Tuesday in class we talked about Thomas a Kempis and Martin Luther. I was really engaged in class for the first time in a while and something that really caught my attention was Martin Luther's Tower Experience.

Luther lived as a monk trying to do all the eight things. He practiced all the spiritual disciplines and lived his life dedicated to serving the Lord but Luther didn't find fulfillment. Luther didn't find fulfillment until he realized that he could never do enough. He found freedom in realizing that God's grace. This tower experience of his changed his life. My favorite quote from his writings we read is "A Christian is the most free lord of all, and subject to none; a Christian is the most dutiful servant of all, and subject to everyone."

I love it!

__________________________________________________

I love Remember the Titans!

__________________________________________________

Be Blessed!!!

No comments: