3.27.2006

About time!

This weekend was amazing! Things were planned to a T. Times, places, devos etc. and yet nothing happened the way it was supposed to. I say nothing, what I really mean is that things got shifted back and forth and thrown out completely in the course of the retreat. Our work with Central Dallas Ministries fell through Friday afternoon and so we were stuck with nothing planned for 4 hours of our trip, but that did not stop God from revealing himself.

The goal of the trip was to see something bigger. To see ministry in different lights. To see God working in the rich and poor, in the well off and the struggling. To see more. There is more.

These kids are precious. They have hearts of gold and real struggles and real pains and in the midst try to serve God and others. One of the girls this weekend really got it. Her words were, "it's just so unbalanced." She saw the message of God revealed this weekend. I pray that as the kids talk and reflect on their experiences in impromptu prayer they will all see a glimpse of this message.

I think I got as much out of this weekend as the kids did. I got to hear all of Buddy's motivational talks and they really pumped me up. As I talked with my mom and my friend last night I got excited about life and about the direction God is leading me. It had been a long time since I have met a whole new group of people and this weekend was a fresh start for me. I was glad to be there and in the midst of the learning and the lessons.

Saturday night was my own personal throw down with God. I call it a throw down because that's what it was. My head buried in my pillow and my mind being frustrated and at times just mad at God. It was no holds bar between the two of us and I am so thankful for that freedom and the liberation felt Sunday morning when I work up knowing that I was finally 100% real with God and that he could now begin to settle my frustration and really lead me.

I don't know if you have ever felt that or if you ever will. I don't know if I shared too much or not. I do know that God has refreshed my heart and my mind. He has refocused my vision to align with his. I have seen how God is in control and I am thankful for that.

__________________________________________

On a separate note but of the same color, I got to spend some great time observing an old friend doing what he was made to do, and doing it well. I got to get to know a great guy who has college and the world ahead of him to mature his spirituality and to continue to lead kids to Christ. I got to view an amazing woman of God in a new environment, though you would never know it, doing everything she knew to do to love and lead. I got to meet a youth minister who loves God with his whole being and radiates his glory. So many others who I now know and call friend came out of this trip and I praise God for his work in to=hose relationships as they continue.

__________________________________________

For fear that there are only 5 of you who made it this far in the blog, I will quit, but tomorrow I am going to write about a great experience I had a chapel today with a friend Jaime who is here with Soul Force on their Equality Ride.

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, your words are a ministry in its self. You may not know it but I look forward to the new lights that you shed on things as well as the way you view things with a fresh look. Thanks for sharing all you do! -DS