2.04.2006

4 Hour Retreat

Well, I spent 4 hours today on a personal retreat. I found myself out at Lake Ft. Phantom listening to the words of the Zambian Vocal Group and watching the water rippling and sparkling like crystal. It was an amazing time.

The reason for doing this was for a project for my Teaching Good New class. In addition to this 4 hour retreat I have to read a book. As I was reading I found myself being distracted by the lake. A good distraction I would say. It was so peaceful and inspiring. I told my mom my favorite part of my retreat was watching the water and listening to the songs in my car on the trips out there and back. Songs like, "Make a Difference," "Shifting Sand," and "Heaven in the Real World."

Teaching Good News is a class about evangelizing and the songs that played randomly on my ipod were songs of faith and courage. Praise God for his messages through music. I guess he knows that's the best way to my heart.

Try spending just an hour alone with your bible or music or something that will help you focus. It's awesome.

No comments: