1.04.2006

Unforgettable Faces...

....but really, whoo would want to forget them? Kevin, Zack, A.C., Randy, Cory. Those were the days ladies! You could turn on the T.V. at just about any time of day and see one of these hunk-a-hunk-a-burnin' loves! Whether it was The Wonder Years, Saved By The Bell, Home Improvement or Boy Meets World, T.V. when we were younger was at it's best.

I was looking back in my old yearbooks from Jr. High and High School today and just remembering what it use to be like. The thing that stuck out the most were those highlighted hearts I had drawn around the faces of the "loves of my life." Yes, that's plural. Apparently I was a player.

I'm convinced that I only knew two guys total in Jr. High so the others were just "dream guys," like those you see pictured here. Sometimes I wish I could just go back and be a kid. I wish I could have crushes and get my best friend to find out if the guy likes me. I wish I could
go spend the night at a friends house and make videos of us singing and dancing with batons and ribbons. I wish I could talk on the phone for hours and not be bothered with what I have to do. I wish I could dream innocently knowing that I had years before those dreams would be potential realities.

But alas, here I stand at the threshold of adulthood. Those dreams are more realistic, closer to realities. While I still wish I could marry Cory Matthews, or at least a guy like him, I realize that life is not like Saved By The Bell, you do have to go to class, you will be tested and the principle will not always be your best friend.


While being home it has at times felt like a task, but improvement has taken place. My family loves each other. Although no one has ever glued their head to a table (I'm sure other things have happened that equal in stupidity) my family is silly and fun! Christmas and New Years were a blast but it's time to return to my friends; I love them; I miss them.

I know this is random and the mumblings may not make sense to you, but I like to remember and then look forward to what is to come! I don't know what God has in store for me but there is a Kevin Arnold or a Cory Matthews out there and no matter where he is, I'm gonna find him.

Whatever your dreams or realities may be, may you Be Blessed in your pursuit of them.


No comments: