1.01.2006

Snakes are NOT my thing....Even fake ones

So to ring in the new year my family, including the red-head sister we have (Elizabeth), decided to have dinner in Galveston and then come home and hang out and watch the ball drop in time square. WELL, this was exciting to me because it has been about 3-4 years since Valerie and I have spent new years with our parents.

I was particularly excited because we were going to eat at the rainforest cafe on the seawalk. You see, I had never been to this place so I was a rookie amongst seasoned rainforest eaters. No one warned me. I was not warned about the noises, the thunder and lightening storms and I most certainly was not warned about the MOVING ANIMALS!!! Yes that's right the animals move!

This probably would not have been a problem had I had my first experience with one of the all but dead creatures inside the restaurant. We were seated at a table far enough away from anything that was bigger than me that once they began to move I was not quite so startled.

However, my first experience was not in the restaurant but in the store while we were waiting to be seated. The ceiling in this place was all but normal. It was decorated with trees and vines and animals...Worst of all, snakes. MOVING snakes! Did I know the snake had a motion detector? No! Did the snake give me a heart attack when I walked under it and it moved! That's an affirmative ghost writer! What the heck! It scared the fire out of me!

So after that action I was a little on edge the rest of the night. My nervousness was only fed by the "soothing" river adventure me and Valerie and Mom went on. I would like to say I acted my age but as I told Jonathan, I was way too scared to be a 22 year old. I think together Valerie and I screaming broke the sound barrier. We screamed 5 times more then the boat that went infront of us-full of elementary age kids. Sad to say it but alas, I was freaked out! Glad to get off that ride.

So as my heart rate slowly simmered we went to Moody Gardens in Galveston and walked around the festival of lights, where I had a near death experience with a penguin. After that we decided home was the safest place and the five of us came home and played a game and rang in the new year with Dick Clark in NYC.

After we all pretended we lived on the East Coast and that our New Year had already begun everyone went to bed, Elizabeth left and here I sit, alone and blogging!

Hope everyone had a great 2005 and in the year 2006...

...Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

Luke Reeves said...

Happy new year Mandy!!