1.19.2006

Here's To You...Billy Joel!!!

Well, the first official sing song practice has come and gone, and what a relief. I don't think I have been so nervous in my whole life as I was yesterday anticipating the first practice. I have never taught music to anyone before, let alone 80 girls.

They were great. Our section leaders sang through the first page of music and the girls successfully learned it. It sounds so good. I think we have a shot this year. A shot at taking the title that is. As much as I want to win, however, I have a different appreciation for sing song and all the people involved in it. As a participant the last three years it was easy to get wrapped up in the competition paying little attention to other clubs and classes; But now fr
om this point of view, the director's point of view, I am finding that everyone works SO hard to do three shows. It's fun to win but the real fun, at least for me now, is in the getting there. Working hard and learning and singing silly words to familiar tunes. I want to win, but the journey has been so exciting thus far and only promises to get better. Praise God for the journey!

***I would like to dedicate this blog post to Billy Joel who wrote the tune to two pages of our Sing Song Music! Thank you Billy for making "For The Longest Time" a popular song so we could use it!***

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i LOVE that song
-Lindsay