2.03.2005

Blurred Vision

Ok well, I have been informed that I need to update my blog so here I am. I only work 2 nights a week now so I don't blog as much as I used to and for that, Cousin, I am truly sorry.

This has been a pretty awesome week. Last weekend I traveled to Houston with Sarah Woodroof, and our make-shift Joel, to teach at the Girls Reflecting Glory Conference. Although there was some miscommunication in the middle of the day, it turned out to be an awesome weekend. The class was better then I expected it to be and I got to team up with Sarah, once again, to let God speak to some very beautiful ladies. The Theme was Lost and Found and it came from Romans 12:1-2. Great verses. Our class was titled "Dying to Praise Him" and we talked about living a life of sacrifice and worship. Awesome topic. Awesome young women of God.

On the flip side, the challenge for the weekend was to see how many thing Mandy could lose. I'm pretty sure that although the only competitor in this game, I won! I managed to lose $20, a Newsboys CD and my ACU Ring, totaling more money then I have! All that said-the game was no fun and to be perfectly honest- no one let me know I was playing. My stuff just seemed to disappear! The good news is that my ACU Ring was found in the back seat of a car that I never got into this weekend! The girl I stayed with found it there. Who would have guessed! The point is that I am now only a CD and $20 short. Praise God!

There have been a lot of things going on this week! I had a 2 page paper on the history of Paul and the Colossians due, I was in charge of the Devo in World Evangelism on Wednesday, Wednesday night 2 of the kids in our 8th grade class got baptized, 2 Sing Song practices, two nights of work and best of all......a Greek test! That right a Greek test. For those of you that know my love for Greek you can only imagine how thrilled I was to to sit an partake of this ritual with my other, less than excited classmates. Let me just say- I didn't not cry, whimpered maybe but not a tear was shed. I wanted know one to know I was weak.

Tomorrow, I get to go to class and go to Praise day in Chapel and enjoy the company of my friends for dinner at my house tomorrow night (it's spaghetti if you want to come)! I love Fridays...by the way, we had a Ryan Porche praise day not to long ago. All the good ol' Ryan songs were sung, with almost the same enthusiasm and energy! I miss ya Porche! It's just not the same friend!

As for right now I sit in the lonely lab waiting in anticipation for the clock to strike the eleventh hour so I can retreat to my home and more importantly to my bed. The dust that settled on the library books and the shifting weather seem to have taken their toll on my body. Not only an I beginning to sound like a man, but my vision is getting blurry. That the worst part.

Blurry vision. We talked about this in my Evangelism class about a week ago. Not about being sick but about our vision of God's mission. How do we look at it and how do we carry out his mission. One thing that was pointed out was that if our vision is blurred we can not lead in the right direction. The why glasses are made, so that when your vision is blurred you trust something else to show you the truth. Jesus is like our pair of glasses. We can not depend on our own sight to lead us to God but with Jesus glasses we have Kingdom Vision and can join God in his work around the world! Do you have your Jesus Glasses on? Do you have Kingdom Vision? I pray that you do!

Friends, be a light in the darkness this weekend and share the love of Christ with everyone!
Be Blessed!!!

No comments: