2.20.2005

Sing Song's are fallin' on my....

What a great great weekend! I really wish that I could verbalize my weekend and post it so that y'all could get the full effect of the stories that are to come, but alas, technology will not allow it...or my lack of knowledge of technology is what hinders this from happening. Whatever the true reason, you will have to try and take on my personality, or imagine that I am speaking to you, as you read these next few documentations of my weekend!

Shing Shong (Really Sing Song-but if you say it with the 'h' in it it's a little bit more entertaining). This weekend was the big show! Clubs and classes compete with each other in 4 different areas, Vocals, Costumes, Originality and Presentation. Just for the record my club is 5 years old and last year we placed 3rd over all. This year our show was entitled Lather. Rinse. Repeat. And as a side note- I have to say (this is where that pretending you're me thing will come in handy) that one of my favorite parts of the show is when the announcer says: (using my announcer voice) Under the direction of Karyn Gorsline, the women of Alpha Kai Omega present, Lather. Rinse. Repeat. (I really hope you used your announcer voice when you read that- if you failed to- read it again, maybe even out loud- that's fun too!) So anyway! in the 4 areas of judgment (lol) this is how we did: Vocals-3rd, Originality-3rd, Costumes-? (they only announce 1-2-3 so we didn't place in the top 3). The coolest Part is in Presentation we placed 1st! In the 5 year history we have never placed higher than 3rd in anything and this year we got 1st in presentation! We beat the 2 biggest girls clubs on campus! It was awesome and we praise God for allowing us to compete with them much less blessing us in this way. As for the over all placement for Sing Song 2005 we got 3rd and we are ecstatic! We love entertaining the crowd- that's what its about, entertaining and fellowship with one another and God!

As much fun as Sing Song was- the weekend only got better today. Ryan was able to walk with us today and it was a blast. I'm really thinkin' that you should come in every Sunday to walk with us Ryan! What do ya say? It was great to see our friends and it was a beautiful day today. After a wonderful and interesting ;o) visit to Ms. Maggies house we went to see David and Tina and had a blast playin' with the kids. It's a Miracle that no one was injured in the Little Red Wagon adventures! I really thought I was going to die in a Little Red Wagon for a brief moment in time. I really miss having you around Ryan! for real!

^ oh yeah! In addition to a great Sunday afternoon- This morning Praise and worship was AMAZING! ZOE led singing and Mike and others were wonderful! I can't even explain it! Ask me about it if you want to know!

Tonight was the first night of Lectureship! I love it! This is probably one of my favorite times of the year. There is so much knowledge to be absorbed here on campus- if only ALL classes would be cancelled during lectureship! It's not the same with out dad here- I don't know if I'll make it to Tuesday!

Things are great! God is Great and most of all Faithful! Praise God for his love for us! and in the words of our speaker tonight "True Story!"

Be Blessed!!!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeremy said...

yo yo yo cuz,

shout out to my favorite sista from another mista! For the ghetto inclined, that would be "sister from another mister." Anotherwords, she is from another baby-daddy. Anyways, CUZ!!! High five for the 1st placedness! I am truly proud that my cousin knows how to present herself onstage! 3rd place overall!?!? STOP IT! No really, i mean it, what in the world? That is so great!

**official shout out to AKO. Can we change the serority's name to Potter's angels? Just a thought. Oh yeah, cousin, "shing shong" doesn't cut it. *The counsel has spoken.

Omgoodness, ZOE was at highland? I know that was awesome in itself. Oh, by the way our contemporary concerns class is reading articles from Wineskins. Tell Mike Cope I said "hello." But don't tell anyone from Freed that I associate with him. Thanks!

Love always, more than cake.
Cousin

Anonymous said...

From a parent who happened to be at Sing Song Saturday night... I thought "Rinse, Lather, Repeat" was the best. JMG

Mandy said...

To the parent who was at sing song (who I think may be related to Jeremiah?) Thank you very much! I'll pass your comment along to the girls in club!