1.27.2005

Ok....Whatever!

Ok...So I know I said I would call this Thursday blog FOCUS but I've changed my mind. I really just like to tell stories of my life on my blog and what I am thinking and that was gonna make me have to think about something intentionally and I do that all day at school so dear blog buddies, Thursday will be a day like any other day! I know y'all are so sad!

So the big thing that happened today, besides the fact that I ACTUALLY went and worked out at the gym, was chapel. 18:38 is Moody's Thursday chapel and that comes from John 18:38 talking about the truth. The goal of this chapel is to get the student body talking about the truth behind the issues of this day in age. Today the title was something along the lines of "When Cats and Dogs Collide" or something like that. Basically it was a discussion on men and women and their responsibility to respect each other. It started off great but then the "speak your mind" part came. Random people with comments were handed the mic and given the opportunity to say their peace. All was fine and dandy until one guy totally ragged on the girl playing the "devil's advocate" of the situation. Told her he lost all respect for her and can't believe that she would generalize guys like that. Jeremy and I turned to each other and whispered-SPRINGER! SPRINGER! No but really, it was ugly for a minute but when everyone settled down it really ended up being a good discussion on mutual respect and how to do that. Good idea this 18:38 chapel experiment! I can't wait for next week.

Well, friends, I hope you got a smile and maybe possibly a little snicker out of my chapel experience today. What do you think about it? How can men and women show their respect for each other?

I am going to Houston this weekend to teach at Girls Reflecting Glory so I'll let y'all know how that goes when I get back. Have a great weekend! Be Blessed!!!

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

GIRRRRRRRRRRRL,

I'd been throwing some folding chairs up on stage/ front/ where ever screaming "GO ON UP THERE SHAQUEENA, I"LL HOLD YOUR WEAVE AND NAILS GIRL!!!"

I can just imagine all the sequestered faces in the crowd as he called out the girl of whom the devil advocated. I don't understand the whole chapel concept anyway. Lets have a chat about it sometime. Have your people call my people and we'll have brunch!

JPReding said...

It was definitely an iteresting experience in Chapel.

There was one guy on the fron row who pointed us back to the Scripture focus of the discussion. I wanted him to be affirmed more because he hinted at the fact that respect for one another begins with knowing who we are; the beloved of God.

Have you ever read the article by Henri Nouwen called, "From Solitude, to Community, to Ministry." It stresses the point of making space and time to be with God and be reminded that we are simply his because he made us. We don't have to earn, prove, or maintain that love but rather live in that love. Out of that love we are able to live in forgiveness and community and then true healing comes to the lives of all who come in contact.

Community is important, respect is important, but it all starts with God...

just my thoughts....

Anonymous said...

how's things theycallmemandy.blogspot.com owner discovered your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://explode-your-site-traffic.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://explode-your-site-traffic.com
To your success your friend
James