1.25.2005

All over Abilene!

So today I had to do a BIG FAVOR for my brother and it required my to go downtown and pay for something. I had the address and the suite # but not idea how to get there; so I did the only logical thing and got on Ambler thinking it would run into the street I was looking for. Turns out, I was wrong. I just drove and found myself a block away from Highland so I decided to go in and ask for directions. I talked to wonderful Sarah Campbell and she got me to the right street. Next decision, turn right or left? I opted for left and by the grace of God it was right! So I'm going the right way on the right road but still have no idea what building I am looking for. I see TAYLOR COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT written on one building and I thought maybe that's where I should go. I park and go inside. When I told the lady at the counter what I needed to do she said "Oh, you need to go to the court house. It's cady-corner from this building." So I am in my car on my way to the other big building at this intersection. So again, in my car to the court house. I go in and ask the security guard if he can point me in the right direction. He tells me I need to go to the building ACROSS THE STREET! Are you kidding me? So here I go back in my car. This time I have to drive ALL the way around the building b/c of the one way roads. So I FINALLY get across the street and go inside. I need to find suite 110. I very quickly fin 109, 11, 107 and 102 but 110 must be lost in this brown abyss the call a building. I go into the "work force center" and ask them where to go.. Know what they said? "Next door" So I go and I am finally in the right place and I pay and I leave. I celebrate my accomplishment of hitting 3/4 buildings at one intersection in 15 min. Yes! All paid off! Brother, you owe me!

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

OMGOODNESS!!!! Don't be such a baby!!! Eh, what am i saying... I would have given up at Highland. I woulda called Jeff and tell him, "uh, sorry, the company closed down." Ok, so thats lying, I would have to come up with a better plan. I wonder if Jeff can just pay online next time. He should write a letter to the CFO or CEO of the company. Wow, do I know nothing about the real world?

Love,
Cuz