1.05.2005

A Cry for Hope

Tonight at church was a blessing covered in pain. I don't know if that makes sense but I'll explain what I mean. Mike interviewed a couple of people about their involvement in the coming days and weeks with the tsunami relief effort and petitioned the church to pray and be involved in whatever way they can be. We heard a phone call between Mike and a member of a mission team in Thailand and he told of the incredible devastation in Thailand. We also saw a slide presentation of pictures in which people were being swept to sea and houses, hotels, businesses were being gutted by this insane wave. Heart wrenching to see heads sticking out of the water and bodies lined up to be claimed; people standing with emotionless faces and yet a single tear rolls down there cheek. What do we do... Is what their faces tell us...Where do we start? Man I hope that your heart strings have been pulled by God through all this. Help. In whatever way you can. I don't have money so I pray. I pray for strength for the people, courage to move on, and motivation to try again but mostly for hope. Their lives were swept out from under them and carried away with the tide but if they can find hope then all is not lost. Pray for hope.

Remember that you are blessed, and bless others!!!

No comments: