4.03.2006

Alive...

What a great weekend. Got to see a bunch of awesome teens that I hadn't seen in a while in Arlington, got to watch Bree's team in a playoff game for soccer, got to hang out with Elizabeth for a while, got to see my summer family again, got to spend some time with my new friends fellowshipping and praising God, got to take part in an awesome devo, got to play some volleyball with some great girls and finally, I got to see God in a hundred different ways this weekend! Here's two things from this weekend that really resonated and continue to surface in my thoughts:

"Sometimes we sing our theology better than we say it and live it." -DP

I like this because I have always thought that music says things we can't find the words to say. One song in particular that I think about is Shield About Me. I love the imagery in the line "your my glory, your the lifter of my head..." I love the picture of me sitting in God's lap and him taking his mighty hand and gently lifting my chin up, looking into my heart through my eyes and sending his love.

The other quote is: "Jesus had dirty feet." -JP

So simple but so loaded with truth.

What a great day to be alive!

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'd venture to say we always sing our theology better than we live it.