11.24.2005

Mmm... Mmm... Good

Well, it has been a fun filled week for me. Thursday Chris Lair, Laura Clark and I, in a caravan with the mini van full of other friends from school, traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to participate in the national Youth Workers Convention put on by Youth specialties. This convention was so awesome. I got to hear some amazing speakers like, Louie Giglio, Chap Clark, Doug Fields, Doug Pagitt, David Nasser, Alise Barrymore, and worship with some awesome bands including David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin band. We also worshipped with/ enjoyed the music and entertainment of Jars of Clay, The Skit Guys, Ted and Lee, Third Day, Starfield, The Jesus Painter, 4th Ave. Jones, tobyMac, Thor Ramsey, and other artist and musicians.

You can check out youth specialties
here.

It was awesome!!

Thanksgiving was awesome too. I was reluctant to accept the "pot luck" style meal at the church but it ended up being a blessing. Thank you to the group in my Christian worship class that gave me a small taste of what today was like. We ate and played then went to our homes and watched the sad defeat of the cowboys. I am happy to report, however, that our flag football game, which was the nelson's and John against everyone else, was a success for the Nelson clan. We won 9-7 (touchdowns that is). Tracy would call it a draw- I think just to make himself feel better :o)

It was fun. Now I am off to bed. Tomorrow will result in an early morning of shopping and a late afternoon of golfing. That's right I am golfing tomorrow for the first time in 4 years!! Oh gees! Pray for me.

P.S. I can't get anymore text messages this month so don't send me any. I'll let you know when you can again. I still love you but it cost me money!!!

Be Blessed!!!

No comments: