11.13.2005

Batman and the flock of ladies


Last night I got to watch Batman Begins with some of my friends. I had heard nothing but great things about it so I was anxious to see it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really liked it. It was great. Pretty much they only thing I did not care for was Batman's voice, I found it a little cheesy but hey! It's whatever.

This morning my Roommates and I got up and took roommate pictures finally. We have been living together for a year and a half almost and we just now took pictures. It was so much fun. Be looking for those pictures on here soon.

This afternoon I spent a lot of time reflecting on my church hopping experiences these last few weeks. Part of me wishes I had written them sooner because I forgot some things that happened. I am grateful for the chance to go to different churches though. I was able to experience things I would not have otherwise. All I lack now is the book. That will get done tomorrow.

My favorite part of the day however, has been tonight. The North Davis girls arrived and we had some super girl talk time. With 10 girls in your house you can't help but to talk. As we went around catching up on each other's lives I suddenly became so very grateful for what God has given me. These girls, some of them, are very preoccupied with boys, and while I like boys, I like to talk about them etc., I find it disheartening to hear them so involved in them. Some jump from guy to guy and some stay with one for what seems like an eternity, regardless, they are wrapped up.

I am so grateful to have guy friends that I can hang out with, and talk to on the phone and go to activities with and there be no pressure for anything. God has truly blessed my life with people who know what community is and strive for that with each other.

I love these girls. I read Alex's story tonight. She's writing a book. She chose to share her heart with me tonight. I am blessed to have been able to be part of her life and I am praying for God to continue to bless her in the things she does.

We did a little Faith Decisions reflection/process time tonight, Alex and Lauren and I. That was very helpful for me and I know will be helpful for how we do faith decisions in January.

God,
Thank you for these girls. Thank you for my friends.


Be Blessed!!!

No comments: