11.28.2004

I don't know what he's talkin' about!

So I have discovered the one downfall to your dad being a preacher- the past haunts you. Today at church my dad told a story about me from when I was like 5 or 6. How dare he! It was a funny story and it for sure got everyone laughing, but at my expense! When dad started talking he didn't tell everyone one which daughter it was so when people turned and looked at me all I said was "I don't know what he's talking about!" I'm a liar! Is it a bigger sin to lie in the church building? Beats me!

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I did! We ate at the Mosely's house and there were about 20 people there at one point in time! It was fun! LOTS of food and even more Pie. I think we probably had enough pie for everyone to have their own-pie that is! You know people always talk about the food at Thanksgiving being the best thing, and although I must agree, generally the food is better than at other times of the year, the best thing about Thanksgiving is definintly the company. Whether it's just your family, or if it's your family and 16 other people, the laughs and stories and fun is way better than the food! Just for kicks though- what is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Sweet Potato whatever it was on your blog, or turkey or in my case Chocolate Ice Cream Pie, which I made by myself this Thanksgiving and it was outstanding if I do say so myself! Let me know your favorite food! If I get too many responses- which always happened on my comments box- I'll clean them out so everyone gets a chance!

Cousin got a new car!

The drive back today was nice. I listened to a lot of country music. BY THE WAY!!! I got the new Brad Paisley CD, 'Mud on the Tires', for $10 bucks at Wally World. I have re-ignited my flame for Brad. I know it's very teeny bopperish to be in love with a music/tv star but hey- 'll take that chance. I know he's married and all that junk but he is still that coolest country music star out there, not to mention he has amazing character. So if you have been wrestling with what to get me for my birthday- which is in 24 days- a meeting with Brad would make you my new best friend!

No but really! Everyone have a great week. I look forward to hearing about your Thanksgivings. Talk to you soon! Be Blessed!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Mandy, as one PK to another, here's what has worked regarding those preacher stories. If dad wants to use a story on another family member, he has to OK it with them first. If he fails to OK it and uses the story anyway, he has to pay "royalties" (a penalty) for using it without permission.

RPorche said...

I like every kind of food. All year long. But in keeping with the seasonal stuff, I would say Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potato anything.