12.02.2004

Cool little exercise

Found this on another blog. Certainly an interesting exercise
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your own blog...Along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find.Do what's actually next to you.
6. Reflect on the sentence, if you can.
Page 123- fifth sentence from the book: The Five People you Meet in Heaven

"I don't understand."

You know I have been saying that a lot in my Greek class lately. I would like to make so cool relation of this sentence to my life but really, I just don't understand Greek! At this point I am thinking, "SOMEONE ALREADY DID THE TRANSLATION!!!" Anyway! Enough about that.

In Other News: I turned in Camp Shekinah today! Wasn't able to put as much into it as I wanted just because I would have needed a couple more months for that, but I am pleased with how everything turned out and I would love to show anyone who is interested as soon as Robert gives them back to us.

Life is good! I have said it before but I want to say it again, when I look around and see everything that God has allowed me to do in my life and the people he has blessed me with, I can't help but to be grateful for the life he has given me. God is good!

Hey, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to looking for the 5th sentence on everyone's blog. Be Blessed!!!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

GASP!

BLOG STEALER!! Yeah, that's right, danielle clearly had a copywrite on that! Oh well, i still yet to do so when I am sitting down in my room again, I shall try the whole pg 123 thing. Question...does it mean anything if the book doesn't have 123 pages? I have plenty of books under 100 pages...most of them have pictures too!!! GASP, clifford, remember that book? Girl, God has blessed us. Thank you for your praise report, I love hearing those from friends and fam.

Love always (but ok to love Christ and/or God more)
Cousin

JPReding said...

Hey Mandy,
You are funny! Well... you have wanted me to comment for a while, and even write in my own blog, but for some reason this morning as I was trying to find SOMETHING that could distract me from getting started on our Education Ministry in the Church Exam... I wound up reading your blog.

So here it is: (Pg 123, Fifth sentence, "Official Rules of Card Games, 53rd edition")

"Each plays for himself."

Interesting sentence. Obviously, it is meaning that there are no teams in the card game that it was describing, but still I am a little sad that this is my sentence.

Playing for yourself is far different than working with a teammate. You've heard that saying, "There is no 'I' in team. Well... I thinking playing for yourself stinks. What fun is it if you win a card game if you have no one to share with in your glory?

I love team sports. Win or lose, at least you have each other to go through it with. A theme of my life lately has been that "the Glory is in the struggle." Mike Cope read that in a sermon from a letter of a friend who was dying. It has stuck with me. Life is a bigger struggle than I can handle on my own and so for me to think of living life for myself is to think of exhaustion, bitterness, and fear. Knowing that I have a Constant Companion who carries me in times when I can't put up any more strength frees me from exhaustion, bitterness, and fear and instead allows me to to feel peace, joy, and love. Living into those realities puts me on a team of followers struggling towards a goal.

Being on a team is so much better than playing for yourself!

Mandy said...

Thank you for your comment Jonathan. I completely agree. Playing with a team is much more rewarding! Good luck on finals this week! I'll be praying for you!

Danielle said...

thats cool that u decided to do the thing too! and whats really weird is the next book that i grabbed was "the 5 people you meet in heaven" i received it from my secret sister a couple of months ago, it was awesome!