3.17.2005

Never Cease to be Amazed

Last night in the 8th grade class at Highland, we talked about Thunder Storms. We started by defining the word "awe" and making a list of things about that make us stand in awe of God. We got the typical thing, creation, answered prayers, etc. And then we got an answer that amazed me. One of our 8th grade guys said "I stand in awe of God most, when he gives me a peace that allows me to have no doubt about his existence." How cool is that. What a feeling to be so confident at such a young age. Amazing.

We continued class by transitioning into Thunder Storms and how AWEsome they are. We used this topic to make a group list of thunder storms that we go through or that our friends go through. Again we got typical answers, lying, peer pressure etc. but a couple of answers really stood out to me. Guilt and Depression. To be struggling with guilt and/or depression in the 8th grade is so hard for me to fathom. I am really looking forward to tackling a few of these topics in the last 5 weeks we have with these amazing kids!

On a different note: Ms. Maggie has been sick and is going to the doctor today. Please keep her in your prayers. She is old and her health seems to be failing before our eyes.

One last thing. Here are the words to a song that I heard last night for the first time in a very long time. I love the words to the chorus and I pray that these words bless and encourage you as they have me today.

"Crazy"
Why I would I spend my life longing
for the day that it would end..
Why would I spend my time pointing
to another man..
Isn't that crazy

How can I find hope in dying,
with promises unseen..
How can I learn your way is better
In everything I'm taught to be..
Isn't that crazy

Chorus:
I have not been called
to the wisdom of this world..
But to a God
who's calling out to me..
And even though the world may think
I'm losing touch with reality
It would be crazy
To choose this world over eternity

And if I boast let me boast
Of filthy rags made clean
And if I glory let me glory
In my Savior's suffering
Isn't that crazy

And as I live this daily life I
trust you for everything
And I will only take a step
When I feel You leading me
Isn't that crazy

I have not been called
to the wisdom of this world..
But to a God
who is calling out to me..
And even though the world my think
I'm losing touch with reality
It would be crazy
To choose this world over eternity


Be Blessed!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard that song before. I really like the words. And, isn't it an encouragement to the soul to hear the younger generation voicing their dependence on God? Thank you for letting me share in your world. You encourage me. JMG

Jeremy said...

Cuz, you need to pass along that song! Seems like I've heard it before, but I don't recall the way it's suppose to go.

Infinite love for the cuz,
Cousin