6.24.2004

The Grave No Longer has a hold on Him!

Just when you think you have experienced enough "big stuff" for the summer tragedy strikes. This morning one of our 7th grade girls mom passed away. It was very sudden and very traumatizing for the youth group.

It's crazy to think that one day everything is going fine and dandy and the next day a parent dies. Or maybe a teacher or friend or other family member. It really puts things in perspective. I think about all the people I haven't talked to in a while and all the people that I might be upset with or holding a grudge against and it all seems so stupid all the sudden.

I worry about my friend. I wonder how this will effect her. Will this shake of her faith cause her to cling to Christ or to fall away from him? I'm praying for her. Being 13 and losing your mother. I can't even fathom it. If you think about it pray for her too.

There is a bright side to this. As with Christ on the third day when he was raised from the dead and then as he ascended into the heavens so to will this Godly women sit at God's throne for all eternity. The grave no longer has a hold on Christ nor on Mrs. Anderson. Praise be to God for his son!

Be Blessed!

No comments: