6.02.2004

Working for what's gonna last!

Two days in a row! Crazy I know! I promise it really is me though! Promise! I've talked a lot since yesterday. I needed some answers yesterday and although I don't necessarily know that there is a correct answer to my questions, and by no means is there an easy one, I do know that I have some amazing mentors and friends and role models in my life and I praise God for them. As I had a chat with God this morning I ask him to prepare me for the conversation I don't want to have but may soon be thrust into. I ask for the right words and the right attitude. I don't like this position and at times I feel like I put myself here but I think it's because I care what happens. I care about the kids and my family. My church family. I don't know why things that seem so simple to some are so impossible, or appear that way, to others. I just don't know. But God is truly good and will last forever!

On sort of a different note, I was talking with my other intern friend Sarah and her friend from Pepperdine, Kris last night and we were talking about how much effort people put into worldly things and this is how Kris phrased it- and I love it. He said "We work so hard for things of this world all the time but why? Those things are going to be gone so why don't we work for the things that are gonna last?!" Amen Kris! The things that last- if only our mentality could be that way every minute of every day!

Lord, bless this day. Bless my friends and the work that they do. Bless our efforts to work for the things that last!

Be Blessed!!