7.19.2005

Unfinished Business

Today was a good day for me. I finished a book, I finished the first season of The O.C. and I had lots of time to process through the week at PUMP considering Greg gave Bryan and Me the day off- thanks Greg. The only complaint I have with my whole day is that it was not complete. While processing alone today and with the girls at Bible Study I realized that there is much work to do. We spent one week trying to be Jesus to people we didn't know and then left. It breaks my heart to leave and feel like there is so much more to do.

Love. One word that can wrap around you, entangle you and cushion you all at the same time. Falling in love is from God and I never, in a million years, thought I would fall in love with a first grade boy who looks like a gangster, or a third grade boy who does a great impression of Raven, or a second grade boy who follows directions better then I do, or a first grade girl who puts on a tough front but really doesn't want to go to headquarters, or a first grade girl who has more beads in her hair then hair itself, or a third grade girl who loves to hold your hand. As I looked at the handprints yesterday I wanted to be there. I wanted to be with the kids, even the bad ones who tested me and pushed my buttons. They need me, they need Jesus; or do I need them? Are they the Jesus that I have been looking for and long to be with? I miss them...there is unfinished business in Portland, Oregon; there is unfinished business in the world.

Be Blessed!!!

Click on the picture to make it bigger!













2 comments:

RPorche said...

Awesome stuff, Mandy. I'm glad you had a good time and that God is working on your heart through those kids. I'm a big fan of yours. Don't forget that!

Jeremy said...

Word cuz. Revelation is more than a book,... right?

Cuz