7.04.2005

Swiming with the boys

What a week! I generally have not been a big fan of helping out with Day Camps. They are long and tiring and the kids are bad and in the past my role has been one requiring me to be there and thats about it. A waste of a day if you ask me. Last week, however, was the best Day Camp I think I have ever been too. I had a blast with my 2nd and 3rd grade Ninja's. We had cool headbands and we got to go into the "Ninja Cave" and sit in a "Ninja Circle" all week. It was a blast. As much fun as it was to teach the guys about creation, my favorite time was swimming time. We swam for about an hour and a half to two hours Mon-Thurs. afternoons. The guys were so cute playing pool games. On of my favorite was when they were sailors and they were attacking each others boat. I also enjoyed them being special agents in search of the evil villian which was usually an adult.

My boys were great and I had a lot of fun!

As for other aspects of my life-Mission trip is coming up. We leave for Portland, Oregon on Friday and will be back the next Saturday. The church we are going to is called PUMP (Portland Urban Ministry Project). We will be doing a VBS type of week with the kids there. The church has been so gracious with financially helping us out to get there. We are almost to our goal, just a few thousand more to go. Praise God for the people at North Davis and their hearts. We have been working hard these last couple of days since Day Camp is over on our mission trip stuff. I think it will turn out well. If you would keep the mission trip in your prayers for the next couple of weeks we would really appreciate it.

It's late and I am spending my time putting songs on my iPod. I am off tomorrow, Praise God for that! I get to see Jeff and April and Ty also. They are picking me up for the Rangers game. I am excited.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. I love you guys!

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

RPorche said...

My friend Amanda Peterson works at PUMP. She lived next door to me and Layne at University Park. Please tell her I said hello. Have a great trip!