7.07.2005

Into the West

That's right. We head out tomorrow for Portland, OR. I am really excited. I think it is going to be a great trip. I am looking forward to a great experience at PUMP and getting to know the kids in our group better. It has been such a pleasure to be a part of this church this summer. You know what they say though, make new friends but keep the old.

I was at Woodland West this afternoon for the funeral of a dear friend of the family. Chris Pollard had downsyndrome and passed away Sunday morning just shy of his 30th birthday. It was a special time this afternoon listening to stories about Chris and his love for others and remembering times I got to see Chris. Although we left Woodland West a long time ago Chris always remembered me when we came to visit. He was a sweet man and will be missed.

Amidst the bitter sweet passing of Chris, I got to see and talk to a lot of old friend's. Most of them my parents age but friends non the less. The Allen's, Pollard's, Varney's, Thornton's, Cochrum's, Khel's, Hoglan's, Thompson's and some I am sure I am forgetting. It was great to see them and to see my friends, Lori and Ryan, Brittany, Amy and Amanda, Joe and Jerry and others. What a blessing God has given me to have friends to share sad times with.

All-in all, it was a good day. I am now about to embark on my first trip to Dallas with the Dismuke's. We are going to eat but who knows what will happen. Anyone who knows them knows it's never just a meal! I can't wait! See ya later alligator!

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

you know can't pump your own gas in OR? no, being for real.

Cuz