7.28.2004

Goin' to the REAL Country

I can't tell you how excited I am to be going to Austonio/Crockett this weekend.  I have never been to the "real country" for an extended period of time.  I'm gonna take pictures so I'll share the stories with y'all when I see you next.  Aside from all the excitement of getting to see all the cows and chickens I also get to see my boyfriend, which I might add is the most exciting thing about the weekend.  I also get to meet his parents which I am totally pumped about.  Yay!  Can't wait!!  I leave tomorrow and come back Saturday night.  Pray that I have a safe trip if you think about it.

As far as the job goes things are winding down and yet are so incredibly busy.  Next week our plate is completely full every night.  Mon-Fri we have a different activity with a different age group.  I am really excited about it but in all the excitement I am really sad that I have to leave.  I have discovered why I love this job so much.  There are actually a lot of reasons but one of them is that the reward, though many times small, is so sweet because the victory is not for yourself but for the Kingdom of God.  I get this amazing feeling when I think about the angels rejoicing because another believer was baptized.  I get this overwhelming feeling of blessing when I think about the way the spirit moves in peoples lives and seeing the fruits produced by the teens that I get to work with and challenge and who challenge me daily.  God is so good!

I am sad to leave but I am excited to go back to school and see everyone.  I have to brush up on my Greek.  I'm afraid I'm not gonna get my summer reader done.  I still have a couple of weeks but I don't know.  It's just extra credit so I don't have to do it but how cool would it be to start my class with extra credit?!

I gotta get back to work! Have a great day!

Be Blessed!!!


No comments: