7.09.2004

Dependence

Hugh is coming back into the State of Texas today after being in Mexico a week! I am really excited. I won't get to see him until tomorrow and then my group leaves for Mexico on Sunday so it'll be a quick visit but I am just glad that we will get to hang out.

I am really excited about our trip to Mexico and very anxious at the same time. I don't really know what is going to go on down there. It's very much a play it by ear trip, the kind of trip that makes me uncomfortable. It is way out of my comfort zone to not have a plan. There have been a lot of things like that this summer. Someone mentioned to me that maybe God is trying to teach me that I am not in control even when I think I am and that I should learn to just depend on him. At first I wasn't sure about that but the more that happens this summer the more I think God is totally teaching me that lesson. It's weird b/c even though I feel like that's what I need to learn- it's so hard! It's so hard to COMPLETELY depend on God and give it all up.

If you think about it pray for me this week as I travel to Mexico with no plan of action. Also keep Hugh and me in your prayers- that God show us what direction we need to go in our relationship. You guys are awesome and I am so thankful that God has given me friends like y'all. Have a super weekend!

Be Blessed!!

No comments: