4.02.2007

Forgotten

One thing that I have come to realize in the last couple of weeks is that it seems one of the biggest fears we have a humans is to be forgotten. You hear it in songs like the one by Carrie Underwood titled "Don't forget to Remember Me" and we see it in the things we do when people leave, such as giving gifts and throwing parties.

I have begun to wonder if we say good-bye because the person is leaving or because we want to be remembered and it is our last chance. I suppose the sentiment is right regardless but it has been on my mind lately.

I want to be remembered, not because of myself but because of Christ. I know some of you are probably thinking "how cliche` Mandy" but it's true. I want people to see Jesus when they see me and I want them to experience Jesus when they are with me. I want to treat people like Jesus would and more importantly I want to love people like Jesus. There are times when I have truly felt the love of God in my life. Those are the times when I look up at the beautiful blue sky while laying in the grass listening to music and think-God is smiling on me. If you have never felt like God is smiling on you I hope and pray that one day you do.

On the days you feel like no one will remember you, look up to the sky and know that I will, and that God will and he is smiling on you.

No comments: