8.16.2006

Robbing God


Yesterday in staff meeting Allen read something that has stuck with me since then. I was a testament from a violin maker who claims that God needs him. He says, God has commissioned him to help Him buy giving him the ability to make violins. He also says that if he is not doing his best to make the violins then he is “robbing God.”

Have you ever thought about that? God has commissioned you. The gift he has given you is not just for you to enjoy. The gift is God asking you to help Him with His mission. What would it look like if we truly believed this statement: If we are not doing what it is God has given us to do, and doing it the best we can, we are robbing God. Wow! I do not want to rob God. I want to use the gifts that God has given me. I want to challenge the kids that I meet. I want them to reflect on their beliefs and I want them to make a faith of their own and if I am not striving to do that on a daily basis then I am no doing any favors to anyone, AND I am robbing God.

If I believe this, then how can I stand in the way of others who are using their gifts to glorify God? Who am I to tell you that you cannot do something that God has gifted you to do? Who am I to rob God for you?

Maybe I’m preaching, maybe not. Maybe you completely disagree with me. I don’t even know that my brain has completely thought through all of this but I do know that I do not want to rob God and I do not want anyone else to rob God because of me. Just thinking….

No comments: