8.03.2006

Phrases

My brother has said some the the best things I can think of. He has a gift for talking before he thinks and that gift is put to great use in his attempts at story telling. It is not uncommon for Jeff to say things like:

"How do the deer know to cross there?" After seeing a deer crossing sign.

A gift.

This gift has had it's 15 minutes of fame in the past but I would venture to say that it was magnified to it fullest and thrown in the spotlight this last week.

Jeff and I were eating lunch together Monday while he was in Belton. He started talking about his teeth and told me he had a filling that fell out. As he wondered if fillings were lifetime guaranteed and if he could go back to the dentist and get another one without paying, I laughed a little bit understanding the desire for things to be done the right way the first time.

As he continued I heard something come out of my brother that I thought I would never hear. This is what he said.

"I would just like to go back to that dentist office and tell that guy, 'hey Mr., you gave me a bad filling years ago."

Now if you didn't laugh about that, go back and read it outloud. It's hilarious. If you still don't laugh at it then go look at the pictures on Ryan's blog of his new apartment because I got nothing left!

Have a great day and Be Blessed!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brother's a freak. Just wanted to drop in say hi. Once we get a place and stop being homeless you should come down and visit. Peace out former intern buddy but now just 1 hour away buddies.

Anonymous said...

that last post was Joel by the way...just forgot to mention it.

Joel

RPorche said...

Are you saying the pictures of my apartment are funny?