10.30.2005

Holy Roman Green and Hallelujahs

Last night was Mass. It was a different experience and was definitely awkward most of the time. Jonathan and I did our best to blend in but lack of knowledge about the recited things and the chants and the procedure and just the whole service in general gave us away. We met some nice people afterwards and I went looking around the sanctuary BY MYSELF I found it interesting the way things were set up and the artwork and such on the walls. I will go into more depth in my paper but I just wanted to let everyone know how it went. Although Jonathan and I stood out I am gonna go out on a limb and say that I was a little more in than Jonathan because I had on the Holy Roman Color- Green!

This morning we went to the Morning Star Community Church. It was the polar opposite of Mass. We went from scripted chanting to free verse hallelujahs. I loved it. The praise and worship was amazing and the sermon was not too bad either. I definitely felt more at home today than I did last night but it was still different than what I am use to.

2 churches down and one to go. Next on the list is a non-Christian church so if any of you Abilenians know of one we can go to let me know!

I hope everyone has had an awesome day! Be Blessed!!!

No comments: