8.02.2005

The time has come....

… to leave that is. This is my last week at ND and I am pretty sad. I really am not ready to go yet. I still have relationships I want to develop and people that I didn't get to talk to as much as I would have liked to, and I want to see the kids throughout the year. I'm not ready. I am well aware of the fact that just because I am leaving doesn't mean all forms of communication shut down, but it's not the same.

It has been a great summer. I would love to talk about it with you so if you want to know call me.

I read a book that Ryan Gibbons gave me called "Practicing the Presence of God." Dad tells me it will be referenced a lot in my life so it was good that I read it. I really didn't get into it until the last 2 sections. I thought those were pretty good. It was a little hard to read just because I had just finished "Blue Like Jazz" which is easily one of the best books I have ever read. Now I am reading "Searching For God Knows What" by Donald Miller, the same guy that wrote BLJ. It's good. It;s a little slower but it is still very observant and thought provoking. I like it.

Life is good. God is good. I like what I do and thank God for the opportunity. Today Greg and I decided that I am going to marry someone rich in the Arlington area and come back and be a full time volunteer for NDSM. I like it!

Have a great day and Be Blessed!!!

2 comments:

Collin Packer said...

I had no idea you were a blogger. I just got started this summer after reading Mike Cope's for awhile. It's good to hear your summer has gone well. Your name comes up regularly here at First Colony. Everyone misses you and has asked me to pass that along. The summer has been wonderful. What a great church. It sounds like you've had a great experience as well. I look forward to sharing our experiences back at ACU. May God bless you and your continued ministry.

Deanna Cromwell said...

hey roomate! just thought I would let you know that Blue Like Jazz AND Searching for God knows What are two of Matts FAVORITE books! We have quoted them quit often this summer. I am looking forward to reading them soon. Not too much longer before I see you face to face my friend! Good times :)