5.12.2004

And I'm home...

It's been a few days huh? Ahh well!! I'm home now- finals are over! Praise the Lord!!! Got my grades back too-not too bad! So on to what I really want to talk about.

I've been reading a book these last few days that was given to me by Brad Carter. It's called Emerging Worship by Dan Kimball. It talks about the restlessness and pacing of the emerging generation and what the church is doing or not doing to help engage this generation into a relationship with each other, with the church and with the Lord.

The question in today's reading was can you relate to the generation that is growing restless as it relates to the emerging church and worship service.

Being at ACU I have been able to experience a kind of worship that I have yet to find in another place. Thousands of college students gather together daily to praise and honor the Lord. This is the picture of an emerging generation and the worship atmosphere that is pro-active in adapting to the growing restlessness of the body while still maintaining traditional values in worship style. When I came home it was like a jolt back into reality. My home church seems unaware of the need to engage the 18-30 years olds. The challenge that the people in this age group- me included- face is the struggle to fit in. To find that nitch where they, where we can serve and still ourselves be challenged. To worship God in a way that we are really able to focus our hearts on the words that we are singing. To continue our learning and experience God even though the Ph. D.'s aren't around to challenge our faith.

It's crazy! As I was reading I found myself agreeing with what Kimball had to say much of the time. It's a tuff reality to face but what an eye opening experience it can be to look around and really notice the restlessness and pacing of the church.

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

Brock Paulk said...

Not much blogging going on here...kinda quiet...