2.12.2007

Surprised but not shocked at all..

So I guess that those who really know might not be surprised to find out that I am a conflict avoider. In my class a couple of weekends ago we took about four test to find out our conflict management styles. I am an Avoider-until I am confronted then I am an Accommodator.

Now I understand this the more I think about it but at first I was a little surprised to be classified in this way. At first I thought it was just because I am not really afraid of conflict but the more I think about it-I was surprised because it seems like I am always in it! Now that either makes the test wrong OR the test is right and I'm just no good at avoiding! Beats me!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I feel independent today. I found a flaw in my online banking so I called the bank and got it all settled. I also called the glass company and the insurance company and got everything worked out for me to get my windshield replaced on Wednesday. All of this was done before, long before, any conversations with my dad took place.

I would by no means classify myself as independent-recalling a conversation from the weekend in which I offered to pay my dad to take care of getting my tires fixed as long as he didn't ask me any question. But for today I have tasted the free life which I am not so eager to enter anymore!

------------------------------------------------------------

iPod update: 522/3,529 for those who care.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Go head on Mrs Independent!!!

About the whole confrontation thing, you're clearly not afraid to confront Jeff. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Mandy said...

clearly!