1.18.2007

Blogger what???

So I am completely aware the I am Blog A.D.D. I love to blog but I go through spurts where it happens everyday then won't happen for a while. While I would like to offer up some grand excuse for the reason there has not been a post worth reading in far too long, I will refrain (mostly due to the fact that I have no good excuse and simply trying to make one up is far too much work and would take away from my time to talk to you about the latest blog inspiration). That said-moving on.

American Idol

I like watching American Idol. While I am not the AI fanatic- like I am with Jack Bauer and 24- I enjoy a good singing competition.

AND while we are all thinking about Jack Bauer let me just say that 24 is still the greatest show. I had a discussion with a friend about Keifer Southerland and Jack Bauer. Upon seeing a commercial for the premier I exclaimed "Jack Bauer!" He said "His name is Keifer Southerland." This simple comment from the unknowing, less than fanatic, 24 viewer began a conversation that ended in the simple statement "When Jack Bauer was born, Keifer Southerland died." While I cannot take credit for this very true statement, nor can I give credit where credit is due because I don't know where it's due, I can say with confidence that I used the statement at just the right time, ending the conversation and provoking a thought for those who might be thinking about becoming a T.V. star who kills people and breaks the law and is pretty much the coolest person ever. But I digress...

This post is a bout American Idol. It premiered this week. I didn't watch it. I did however discuss the voting on AI from last year; this prompted from making the statement that my mom paid for all of the people in her family to text their votes in for Taylor Hicks last year. Jordan and I were talking about how crazy it is that more people voted for the American Idol last year than voted for the president. That's Nuts! and LAZY LAZY LAZY.

I'm completely convinced that the only reason a vast majority of Americans who are eligible to vote, don't is because they don't want to get up and do it. Seriously though, if Americans could text in their presidential selection, I would put money on it that the voting numbers would quadruple-at least.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong. I think we should test it though. I mean we have already screwed up every system of voting so we are completely aware that none of them will work perfectly so why not just go with one that will bring the most votes?

OR...we could just quit being lazy and go vote. I'd rather text though. :o)

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

This only means one thing...

We should use phones to vote for presidents. This will solve lots of stereotypical voting problems. For Instance - Dead people can't call and vote!

JPReding said...

I think people vote many times in one sitting for AI. I mean, you can call or text and there is no limit.

I used to be an AI fanatic... or so I thought, till this season started and (I've watched every one, mind you) I realized I had no idea who Taylor Hicks was.

I did vote for Carrie Underwood though. Once or twice... I can't remember.

Toby said...

Call me elitist, but I don't want the same people who vote on American Idol to vote for President. :-p