12.21.2005

All In The Family

Today was productive. Not productive in the sense that I got a lot accomplished, although I did manage to get a good start on Christmas presents for mom, April and Valerie, productive in the sense that I spent some good quality time with my nephew. As the house emptied out this morning around 7:30 I was awake and watching an old classic, Saved by the Bell, as I anxiously awaited the sound of an 21 month old crying because the sun finally broke through the window. However, the sound was not a cry but came in the form of a cough.

My precious baby Ty woke up coughing so, of course, I ran to his room and the cutest little boy just looked at me and smiled and stood up and the day began. We spent some time playing with the singing reindeer, sending some emails, eating breakfast at the backdoor so we could watch Duke and Elly--the dogs--playing, and laughing. Ty is precious and although I was up way before any person should be allowed to be up during their Christmas break, I welcomed the company and look forward to doing it again tomorrow.

Something about family makes me happy. I just finished reading Luke Reeves blog entry from a couple of days ago and found myself laughing along with the situation. My family is much like his- I guess. We tend to be loud, talking too loud and laughing a lot. We get stares-there are different theories as to why that is-, and we pass out smiles. I love my family.

My family goes together. God has designed the Nelson Clan in such a way that no matter the mood or the things that might have accidentally come out of our mouths before we had a chance to think about them, we can always laugh, and smile and love each other.

Mom is so sure that I am going to meet someone and fall in love and get married in the next year or two; Dad is giving me 6-7 years before that happens, regardless, whoever this lucky lad is that will enter into the Nelson world, is in for a treat because my family is cool and I wouldn't trade them for the whole entire big wide world!

Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

JPReding said...

Mandy Shae, your family, at least your immediate family, is fun from my experience. I laughed often while I visited the Nelson home. Great to hear the laughter carries on.