5.02.2007

The End is Here!!! AHHHH!!!

No not the end of the world. Not the end of the school year. Not the end of the spring youth calendar. Not EVEN the end of American Idol or 24. What I am talking about has been a much more significant journey than any of these things. A journey some thought would be unsuccessful. Some thought it would take too long but most thought I would give in and not complete the task at hand but I am here to tell you that I can smell the sweet aroma of victory over what seemingly could not be done.


If you have not yet guessed what I am talking about I will tell you now. The iPod challenge. It has been a long road and tiring at many times, especially after 5 versions of Amazing Grace with 5 more to go, but in the words of a great man...IT IS FINISHED. Ironically the last song I listened to in this challenge was Zip-a-de-do-dah! What a great song and a great way to end this odyssey of lyrical talent and not-so-much talent at times.


The journey was littered with my favorite artist, my kids who have recorded things, my friends who have shared their talent with me and those "singers" who I endured for the sake of the cause.


I feel accomplished. What's next?

1 comment:

JPReding said...

That's amazing. Congratulations!