5.23.2007

Committed

I am committed.

I am committed to
dutch chocolate ice cream.
I am committed to 24 and Jack Bauer even when the US Government, who owe Jack Bauer the world, is not.
I am committed to my kid in Tanzania (Charles Richard Shahanga)
I am committed to coloring the entire picture once I start it.
I am committed to American Idol.
I am committed to learning something new about one of my kids every time we meet.
I am committed to being confident in whatever it is I decide to put on that day or how I decide to fix my hair.
I am committed to the Houston Astros-to the bitter end.
I am committed to watching the entire season of LOST no matter how rediculous it gets.
I am committed to doing better in graduate school than I did in undergraduate school.
I am committed to staying in contact with my dearest friends from ACU.
I am committed to finishing the Chronicles of Narnia series; to being the best Aunt and Sister I can; to making my parents proud; to making God proud; to following my call to Youth Ministry; to my friends and family and someday I will be committed to a man.
I am committed to never doing anything halfway; to viewing people with God vision; to putting Jesus and others before me; to teaching Jesus and to being Jesus.
I am committed to loving people and finding joy in all areas in my life.
I am committed to never letting Satan rule my life and to doing everything in my power to never let Satan rule the lives of the people I love.
I am committed to my kids, that when I leave this place they will know Jesus better than they did before I got here; that they will love Jesus more than they did before I got here and that they live Jesus louder than they did before I got here.

I am committed. I like to finish what I start but I am learning that in this profession being committed usually means jumping in to the journey God starts, and letting him finish it.

Life is not a coloring page, or chocolate ice cream, or a book, but it is a journey with God to draw near to us. I am committed to being near to God.

2 comments:

Lavinia said...

Hi Mandy. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lavinia and right now I live in Romania (I will let you locate it on the map :-)). About a year and a half ago I came across your blog and feel like we have been friends ever since. God's blessings.

Trevor said...

Dear Mandy,

Thanks for the picture, and I agree -- it was good to see you too. You need to hurry up and write a book. Give this world your 2 cents and inspiration. Don't hesitate to give me call whenever you are in town if you ever want to go out to grab a bite.

Sorry. There were a few type-o's so I had to delete my first comment.